When I was young (cue Celine Dion’s cover of All by Myself), I had a 35 mm black camera, I was always the one asking for a group photo. I would take my 35 mm role and drop it off at Target or Walmart – 24 prints for around $15 – ready in a couple of business days. I have several photo albums of sleepovers, gymnastic meets, vacations, and college days. I got my first digital camera as a Christmas gift in 2004 – Kodak easy share. In the digital age, people are printing less, and sharing over the internet via email or smartphone, or simply keeping them on their hard drive. I upgraded my point & shoot camera a few years later – Canon SD 870IS powershot. I also received my Dad’s Canon 20D SLR camera for Christmas in 2009.
I never stopped printing my photos and the internet has made it easier, offering several online printing services. The choices (price for 4×6):
- Shutterfly – one of the first printing services I used, only complaint, one of the pricier ones (15 cents)
- Winkflash – I am a loyal winkflash user, as they have the cheapest regular price prints (8 cents/6 cents)
- Snapfish – I participated in their 50 free prints for new customers and printed all my Korea pictures (400+) here when they had penny prints (9 cents/1 cent)
- York Photos – I had high hopes for this place, as their shop is in MD (I imagined getting my prints in a day or two), this did not happen, still takes 4 business days – nobody knows why (9cents/3 cents)
- mpix – many recommend, but the price is too high for me (29 cents)
Another amazing online printing service is PostalPix. This iphone app is the bomb! They offer 4×4 prints (points to instagram photos) for 29 cents! Ordering is easy and convenient and your photos arrive in a few days! Other sizes are also available.
Where do you get your photos printed?